Tuesday, July 16, 2013

REALLY?!

Today was a REALLY LONG day. I should have known when it started out with our beautifully white and fluffy kitty rubbing and attaching to a fly strip. OMGAWSH! Chaos, let me tell ya!! Though REALLY entertaining...

This afternoon I had a meltdown (just one of those days), and what I REALLY wanted to do, well, eat something. Then I considered just going to bed (mid-afternoon), which my morning escapade and then the list of other things happening after made me think possibly I shouldn't have ever bothered getting out of bed, and in the end I went for a thirty minute walk in the heat of the afternoon. It was awesome! I had a super positive walking partner, she talked the entire time, and I could just feel the stress melt away!! THANK goodness. So, I have finished Day 5 of walking! And, I averted a possible calorie catastrophe!

In the end, I had a REALLY good eating day :) I did think this evening how I would really like a Blizzard, but I made a deal with myself that I could only have one if I earned it which meant I would have to walk there (3 miles one way) and back! In the end, I decided I didn't want one so bad!

I could have sidetracked myself after our walk because we headed to Grandma's Attic to get the kiddo some ice cream and a milkshake for Rick. I was VERY tempted, but I also knew that I didn't REALLY want it, so I got an ice tea instead. And, oddly enough, I did feel satisfied. It was cold and refreshing and just what I REALLY needed! It also helps that I LOVE love the owner! Visiting with her is ALWAYS a REALLY positive moment in my day!

I loved the salad I made for dinner tonight: spinach, strawberries, blueberries, and cucumbers. REALLY YUMMY!

Not to sound like a Debby Downer, I did have some good highlights today :)

In the end...I'm REALLY glad this day is almost over.

No comments: