Monday, July 15, 2013

Still going strong :)

     Today was day four in a row of walking :) I feel so much better since I have been walking again! It's crazy to me that in April of 2012 I walked/jogged a half-marathon, and now I feel like I might die walking a few miles. It's amazing how quickly one can lose her cardio stamina. BUT, I'm back at it, and that's all that matters.      I did walk tonight late...started at 9 p.m., but I still did my 30 minutes!! We wrangled the sheep, which was QUITE a cardio workout, my goodness! That's why I had to walk so late.      I read a couple of interesting studies about exercise during the past couple of weeks, and they were about the effect of the duration of exercise. One study kept track of a group of 100 men, who half exercised for 30 minutes a day, where the other half exercised for an hour. AND, the group that did the 30 minutes actually lost more weight over the study than the hour working out group.      Perhaps some people burn out of exercising an hour each day. Maybe it's easier to find an excuse to not exercise when it's for an hour. The authors of the study talked about how people who work out for an hour actually ate more (they had exercise and food journals).      In the end, I decided I can work out 30 minutes a day. I walk 30 minutes each day. I can do at least that. So, that's what I'm doing.      I'm kind of excited to weigh on Friday, though we will be camping, so I don't know if I will weigh on Friday or maybe Thursday morning instead...      I'm almost to that point where I'm not missing processed foods! I love all the fruit and veggies we have been consuming. TASTES SO YUMMY!!!!

No comments: